A kitchen sink improves the overall functionality of your kitchen. One of the kitchen remodelling tips is that all kitchen components should improve the kitchen’s style, functionality, and aesthetic value. The sink you choose should make washing, cooking, and preparing food easy. You spend plenty of time using your kitchen sink, so you need to ensure that it is comfortable, durable, and practical.
If you are unsure of the best kitchen sink for your kitchen, contact Keystone CM. Our experts in kitchen remodeling will be glad to help.
Kitchen remodelling tips for a new kitchen
Here are actionable kitchen remodelling tips for Ottawa property owners planning a kitchen remodel.
1. Consider the style of installation
Undermount, flush-mount, and drop-in are the three basic sink installation methods. The undermount installation is good if the sink is made from heavy material such as cast iron. It also looks good if you have a granite countertop. The sink should be installed below the countertop. Since there is no gap between the countertop and the sink, it will not collect grime and debris.
Drop-in sinks should be installed from above the countertop. The sink is dropped, just as the name suggests. The installation process of these sinks is less costly compared to the under-mount sinks. However, they are not as appealing as the under-mount sinks.
2. Get a well-thought-out design
You can choose a single deep sink, equal dual sinks, or two multi-size sinks. The sizeable deep sink allows you to clean large pots easily. If you do not have plenty of space in your kitchen, then the large sink is appropriate. Dual-sized sinks are good if you have space in your kitchen. Since the sinks are equal, they are likely to enhance your kitchen design.
The multi-sized kitchen sinks have one small and a large sink. If you like to multitask when in the kitchen, you can use the smaller one to prepare vegetables and the big one to clean dishes. If you are still unsure of the specific sink you should pick, learn how to choose a kitchen sink and other kitchen remodelling tips from pros such as Keystone CM.
3. Choose the right material
When choosing the kitchen sink material, consider the frequency of cleaning and use of the sink. Some materials such as stainless steel are easy to clean, while others like porcelain attract stains fast. However, various cleaning agents can help clean the stains so you will not have to live with a stained sink. Some of the most common kitchen sink materials include:
- Granite composite sink – This material has value for money as it does not chip or scratch. When wet, it does not show water spots. However, you need to maintain exceptional care to keep the sink looking good. If your sin is light-coloured, it can easily stain.
- Stainless steel – It is easy to clean, and it lasts long. Besides, the metal is not scratch-resistant. It also shows water spots if you use hard water.
- Natural stone sink – Natural stone can blend with your countertop seamlessly. Unfortunately, this material is expensive, and it chips or develops scratches easily.
- Porcelain sinks – They are the best for a vintage-themed kitchen. The sinks come in a variety of colours. The material is not as durable because it chips easily.
The kitchen remodelling tips discussed in this article will help you actualise your kitchen remodeling ideas. Be sure to consult with a reputable kitchen remodeling company in Ottawa if you ever need professional help.